The hawthorn bush, also known as thornapple, is native to temperate North America, Europe and Asia. The sweet but tart hawthorn berry is used to make condiments, snacks and liquors in many world cuisines, from the traditional "mayhaw," jam of the southern US to Mexican candy and the Korean alcoholic beverage known as sansachun.
9 Impressive Health Benefits of Hawthorn Berry
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties.
- May lower blood pressure.
- May reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Used to aid digestion.
- May have anti-aging properties.
- May reduce anxiety.
- Used to treat heart failure.
Use the whole berries to make jams, jellies or custom tea blends.